Optical Insurance and Vision Plans for Individuals
Maintaining proper eye health is important in keeping a healthy overall well-being. At Midwest West Employee Benefits, our affordable vision plans for individuals can provide all the protection you need for maintaining healthy eyes and good vision.
Are you thinking about getting an individual vision insurance plan? Refer to the list below for some reasons you should invest in one:
- Protect your eye health – Your primary health plan may not cover routine vision care. So, investing in supplemental insurance for your eyes will be helpful in keeping your eyes healthy. Through this, vision correction needs or other eye conditions may be diagnosed and treated early.
- Save money – Since an individual vision insurance plan may cover full or partial costs of certain services and producers, you can reduce your monthly or yearly out-of-pocket costs for eye care.
- Maximize benefits – With an optical insurance plan, you can receive discounts on vision expenses like glasses, contact lenses, or even laser eye surgery (LASIK).
- Get personalized service – Find the right eye care provider for you from the list of accredited health care facilities by opting to get a vision insurance plan.
Vision plans for individuals generally cover or provide discounts on different eye care products and services. Here are some of them:
- Annual eye examinations
- Eyeglass frames
- Eyeglass lenses (including lens coatings and enhancements)
- Contact lenses
- Discounted rates for LASIK and PRK
Remember to check all your options when looking for individual vision insurance plans. Some of them may only cover eye exams, eyeglasses, and prescription contacts, while more comprehensive coverage plans will include eye surgery and eye disease treatment. This includes remedies and procedures for conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration. Some policies even have coverage for permanent vision impairment.
Individual vision plans vary, so it’s important to reach out to an expert before deciding on which one to get. If you need help choosing optical insurance that best suits your needs, talk to our insurance specialists at Midwest Employee Benefits in Sioux Falls, SD. Contact us for your inquiries and learn everything you need to know in purchasing an insurance plan.